The R-Cage is the foundation of our Sprinter Van bed system. Made from tubular and billet aluminum components it easily bolts into the factory floor D-ring locations, providing a bed system within a few hours - no drilling. It also uses (4) camming compression blocks to pressure fit to the van walls.
When it's in sleep mode, the garage space underneath the bed kit is 34-36" so you can fit bikes or other gear. You can leave the bed system in sleep mode for months or just the day, and as soon as you need the extra cargo space the platform folds up in minutes. Perfect for moving dirt bikes, a refrigerator, tall plants, or whatever else you might haul with your van.
Currently compatible with 144WB High Roof Sprinters. We have additional models in development - 170WB, Ford Transit, and universal version for cargo trailers.
For extra storage, and keeping stuff from falling off the bed while driving, grab the Bed Kit Accessories.
Hardware you'll need is provided, to assemble the cage and bolt it into your van.
Easy bolt-on installation and beautiful craftsmanship add a structural cage to the interior of the van allowing all kinds of things to be hung, clipped, strapped, and stowed.
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum connectors
- Aluminum tubing
(See the drawing images below for detailed dimensional information)
- Currently compatible with 2007+ High Roof 144 Sprinters.
- If you want to sleep sideways in your Sprinter, make sure you have Flarespace Flares installed before selecting the sleep sideways orientation for both the Bed Platform and Mattress.
- If you don't want the Flares then you need to buy the sleep longways Platform and sleep longways Mattress.
- We provide an optional specially-bent top bar that works with the factory AC roof top unit.
- Two (2) accessory clamps included.
- Works with several floor thicknesses.
- Works in passenger, crew, and cargo vans. Vans with plastic molding covering the rear door pillars requires a modification in order for the bed platform restraint plate to attach to the pillar.
- Works with factory headliners and most wall trim kits.
- See the product disclosure for detailed info on all of these topics.
- Designed: Monterey, CA
- Made: Hardware made in Taiwan. Tubing formed in California.